 Robotics / 18320
RE: Navigation using landmarks (Was: Re: lasers and RCX)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:29:15 GMT

I see all this nice stuff about trimming mouse bottoms and mounting the
device off of the central steering axis and stuff to try and catch rotation,
but I haven't spotted the posting about how people are actually getting the
x and y values from the chip into their RCX code.

What did I miss?

Nothing yet. I have a guy in England that's trying to use pbForth to
do I2C comms. As I see it, there are two possiblilities here. One
is a bit-bang interface on a sensor input port. Tricky to do with
pbForth because it allows the normal 1 msec interrupt to run which sets
the voltage low on the sensor pins every 3 msec.

Another option is your suggestion of a simple IR interface. pbForth
can easily change its baud rate to sample the mouse info.

A final option is a PIC that gives us X/Y info on two sensor inputs....

More thoughts?

Cheers, Ralph