 Robotics / 18302
    Re: Several hardware questions.. Laser link Hardware expansion n' more —Steve Hassenplug
   I've been working on just such a robot. (two RCXs, two rotation sensors, four light sensors, and two touch sensors) Currently, my biggest problem has been communicating between RCXs. I keep getting collisions with my messages. I've had to limit the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Several hardware questions.. Laser link Hardware expansion n' more —John Barnes
     This is an interesting aspect of using two RCXs. My only experience is with NQC and the single byte "Message" function, but I have succeeded in making the communication link bi-directional and reliable. I simply create a process in the "master RCX" (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Several hardware questions.. Laser link Hardware expansion n' more —MiB
     could not the voltage level deside what relays should be turned on for instance on port 1? Now it might go wrong if the battery turns to be bad. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Hassenplug" <hassenplug@mail.com> To: (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Several hardware questions.. Laser link Hardware expansion n' more —Steve Baker
   (...) In my system (one RCX and three Scouts), I had one 'master' and three 'slaves'. The rule was that no slave is allowed to talk unless first addressed by the master. I've finally gotten around to writing up this setup and putting it on the web. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)