 Robotics / 1827
1826  |  1828
Subject:
lego train and motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 14:40:14 GMT

Hi all.

I received a cargo train for Christmas and was experimenting with the motors
and speed control unit.  I would like to incorporate the tracks and railway
motor into some RCX projects in the near future.
When I hook a regular lego motor (the new style ones) to the railway speed
controller, it turns the motor quite slow even cranked up full, yet the
railway motor screams.  I assume they put a much high speed motor in the
railway unit.  Does anyone know the specs on all the motors, or where the info
can be found?  I wonder if there are 2 motors inside the train unit (I'm not
in the mood to smash open my new train motor to find out).
I haven't tried to power the train with the RCX yet, but it will be
interesting to see how the speed will work out.  I will let you know when I
find out more.
Any comments or experience pertaining to this subject would be welcomed.

thanks
Dean