 Robotics / 18169
Re: intro and question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:11:55 GMT

Laura O'Grady wrote:
Thanks to all those who replied.  I think the consensus is to move forward
with the NQC.  I am relieved that there is a GUI for it and will look into
this.

Steve - as for your point about there being easier ways to learn how to
program, this is no doubt true.  But for some reason I cannot seem to
motivate myself to learn programming unless I am interested in the outcome.
I just don't want to write a program for some application in Windows and
think that Mindstorms is going to keep me interested.

Well, I can understand that - which is why I suggested NQC as an alternative.

It'll be harder to learn this way - but if it keeps you motivated to work
at it then you may ultimately have more success than if you'd gone the
other way and given up out of boredom.

If you get bitten by the programming bug - consider going on to learn
full-blown C - or even it's successor 'C++' - there is *so* much you can
do with a modern PC - and remember you can send commands via IR from the
PC to the RCX.

Good luck - have fun!

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org