 Robotics / 18158
  N. California Sites/Events?

Are there any Lego events going on in N. Calif. in the next month? Are there any used part sources in this area? I'd like to pick up some misc. bricks for RIS 2.0. -- Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet), Nevada City, CA Crop (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: N. California Sites/Events?

Hi Wayne, I do not know of any events in that area, but I wanted to tell you that I have had great luck with (URL) for misc. pieces. Since you order the parts directly from the individual stores/storeowners, it doesn't really matter where you are (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: N. California Sites/Events?

Thanks. I'm new to this game. I'm aware of bricklink but my initial take is that one needs to search their list on the home page for a dealer and then order through them. Maybe this isn't true. Maybe one just orders on bricklink and a dealer (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: N. California Sites/Events?

Hi Wayne, The northern California hotbed of LEGO activity is the Bay Area-- BayLug actually meets fairly regularly (I think down in Fremont). Otherwise it is pretty dead up here, although a while back someone from the Reno area was looking for (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren)

  Re: N. California Sites/Events?

Thanks. Can I put in an order like this: 1 differential gear 6 10-lug axles 20 2x8 bricks 4 24t gears etc.? I suspect not, but I sure would like something close. I think I'll go to the BayLug and see Tom McDonald. He sounds like he could provide (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: N. California Sites/Events?

(...) You can, if one vendor has those things in his/her shop. Or you can put in several orders with different shops. Search for the most rare thing from your list, and then when you get a list of shops that offer that part, browse around to see if (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: N. California Sites/Events?

(...) You're right, and I knew that. Sorry, I mistyped. (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: N. California Sites/Events?

(...) I always thought it was "Adult FAN of Lego"...but that way works too. ---...--- Steve Baker ---...--- Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net> WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com> URLs : (8 URLs) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)