 Robotics / 18123
Re: 8466
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:16:43 GMT

I have two of these sets. They're absolutely great. The local Costco had
them for $50 CDN just before Christmas. I wish I'd had more money at the
time.

There are at least one up for bid on eBay currently (
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1739716828 ) if you want
one cheaper.

The RCX fits perfectly into the back of the model, but I haven't as of yet
figured a good place to put any motors. There are two places they could
probably go (one up front on the right side, and the other in back just
behind the seats) but I haven't made the time/effort to take the set apart
enough to mount them and then figure out gearing/connections from there.

If anyone has gotten that figured out let me know?

--
Baha Baydar
bbaydar@hfx.eastlink.ca
----- Original Message -----
From: "Laszlo Meszaros (ETH)" <Laszlo.Meszaros@eth.ericsson.se>

Hi,

On th Brickfest page I've found 8466 and checked on the lugnet how
this set looks like. On the page http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8466
I coud see that Amazom.com sells this set for $40 that is not exact.
Amazon sells the 8466 for $120 -- the $40 set is more simple (I
dunno the code), just check the on the photo:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005BYFY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I hope the misleading info will disappear from lugnet page soon.

Regards
Laszlo