 Robotics / 17758
Re: Who makes the lego webcam?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:27:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jim West <lego@jameswest.com> writes:
I believe it's got Logitech guts.

At 12:07 AM 4/25/2002 +0000, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
I know lego makes the casing and stuff but who makes the camera internals?
Also, can you use it under linux?

It a Logitech QuickCam Web:

http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/productoverview.cfm/2649

You have to install the driver for this instead of the one that comes with
the Lego cam if you want to run it under Windoze 2K or XP. It worked fine
for me that way.

I don't see a driver for that on the Logitech support page, but Linux
developer may have written one. It's a very popular camera, I hear.

-Benton

FUT: lugnet.robotics.vc