 Robotics / 17746
Re: what is it ? was Fw: Liga Live Scores
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:27:20 GMT

"Angelo Castellano" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:026701c1eb41$082182a0$6401a8c0@9rt100b...

From: "Seb512"

2 attachments.
one border.exe may be virus.  I won't open.
Second is a jpg, 33.4kb long.  Picture of a keyboard.

Be careful?

From the original message:

2.  Content-Type: audio/x-midi;
    name=border.exe

Looking at the other message that made it to the newsgroup with the
attachments stripped I'd say that border.exe is *definitely* a
virus/worm/trojan. It appears to be trying to make use of the OE
vulnerability (get patched anyone who hasn't already!) that causes it to
automatically run exe files that are attached as wave or midi, even though
the extension is .exe. Best guess is a Klez variant.

BTW: any idea how to set FUT in OE6?

Dan