 Robotics / 17580
Re: AFOL new to LUGNET - many MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:14:32 GMT

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 16:48:06 GMT, "Kevin L. Clague"
<kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to LUGNET.  I've had RIS 1.5 for about a year and a half.

Welcome! May your stay be pleasant!

I've got lots of MOCs I'd like to share.  My two favorite things are
pneumatics and bipeds.  My favorite biped so far is my Star Wars AT-ST MOC.
It carries the RCX and can walk forward and turn under remote control.  I
have two other walkers of similar design.

Hey! The AT-ST is brilliant! Good work!

I have two other walkers of Joe Nagata jenre, but mine each use a
differential to improve the strides.

This is interesting, very interesting. I'll have too look more in
depth on your page soon - time always seems to be an issue...

I made a pneumatic biped called pneumaped.  It took me a long time to get
this one down to its current state of simplicity.  I was always trying to
make it harder than it needed to be.

I know what you mean when it comes to simplicity versus mind :)

I also made a 7 segment pneumatic caterpillar, using 13 pistons and 13
valves.

Any chance you got a movie of this baby?

I figured out how to make pneumatic logic gates in AND and OR
configurations.

I used them to make an electro-pneumatic adding machine.

Okay, this really went over my head some where :)

You can find MOCs at:

http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague

I hope you peek and enjoy the site.

I sure did, consider yourself bookmarked and soon linked too :)

Only complaint is that the background sometimes makes the text hard to
read.

Well, as I said, welcome to Lugnet, I'm sure it's going to be a
win-win situatiojn between you and other builders here!
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/