 Robotics / 17451
Re: Re: Using Laptop´s IR port
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:14:58 GMT

This is the only program I've found that uses an IrDA port as a trainable
remote control:

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA005810/remocon/remocone.htm

also  http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA005810/indexe.htm

Hope this helps.

Rob

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Till Harbaum (harbaum@tm.uka.de) wrote:

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 14:51, you wrote:
Hi, I have a laptop sony, and I wonder if I can used the laptop´s IR • port
to downloads the programs and use LNP?
Probably not. I've done this with my palm pilot and it required major
direct
hardware stuff. You'll have to generate a 38kHz ir carrier signal. I
doubt,
that this is easy to achieve with a laptop. Are there any programs, that
can
emulate a ordinary IR tv remote control? If not, it's probably not
possibloe
to emulate the rcx ir as well.

Ciao,
  Till