 Robotics / 17449
Re: Using Laptop´s IR port
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:02:01 GMT

On Tuesday 12 March 2002 14:51, you wrote:
Hi, I have a laptop sony, and I wonder if I can used the laptop´s IR port
to downloads the programs and use LNP?
Probably not. I've done this with my palm pilot and it required major direct
hardware stuff. You'll have to generate a 38kHz ir carrier signal. I doubt,
that this is easy to achieve with a laptop. Are there any programs, that can
emulate a ordinary IR tv remote control? If not, it's probably not possibloe
to emulate the rcx ir as well.

Ciao,
  Till