 Robotics / 17404
17403  |  17405
Subject:
Problems RCX - Computer communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:19:02 GMT

Hi,
i'm trying to write a program that makes a Legoroboter able to
navigate in different rooms / labyrints. For this the computer needs
to know, when one of the touch-sensors is pressed. I use poll(9,x)
for this. My problem is that the returned value is something between
0 and 8600. This changes randomly. But the value doesn't change, if
the sensor is pressed. I have this problem with every kind of sensor.
The battery sensor returns a value of -13488.  But i can send commands
like setting motordirections or turning motors on/off without problems.
I ran the same programm with the same RCX-Unit on a different computer
and there it worked. What might be wrong with my computer?
I hope u can help me...

Martin Flade