 Robotics / 17316
RE: legOS help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:25:35 GMT

Where is your problem exactly ?

nanobapt who have installed five time legOS on linux :-))

"la cuillère n'existe pas"
http://www.mindstorms-bapt.fr.st/
http://membres.tripod.fr/mecahp
icq : 94470030

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Kingsley Gifford [mailto:kgifford@thezone.net]
Envoyé : samedi 16 février 2002 01:00
À : lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Objet : FW: legOS help

hi

i'm having some problems installing legOS and hopefully someone can help

i'm a bit new to unix (before the last couple weeks the most i'd ever
done
was check my e-mail when i was at school)

since i got my mindstorms kit i've been using NQC (RCX command center).
however, i've been reading a bit about legOS and it looks very
interesting
(especially the full control of the rcx...lcd, etc.)

first i tried interactive c 4.0, but that doesn't seem to be full
legOS...anyway continuing on i was going to try to use cgywin, but from
the
most i've read that is pretty much pointless.

SO..i got redhat 7.1, installed it on my secondary hd and started trying
get legOS working. i've had no luck so far. i've tried
http://legos.sourceforge.net/HOWTO
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~larsch/dat4/instructions.html

so basically, i'm new to c++ (my programing knowledge consists of MS
Basic)
and new to linux. where can i find some good up-to-date info and help on
installing/compiling legOS on redhat 7.1 and then writing programs with
c++.

thank you
kingsley gifford
kgifford...at...thezone...net