 Robotics / 17257
Re: Lost my IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:14:33 GMT

Mat

does this mean you connected the rcx directly to the serial
port with no tower and no ir connection?

Yes but it needed a couple of transistors to invert the signal and get the
voltage levels right. I wanted to fit them into the 25-pin D-connector
shell but in the end, I couldn't be bothered with all the fiddly soldering
and I now have a separate matchbox-sized box in the cable.

very interesting!

Why? Surely not many people are in the unfortunate position I was in?
(Although I was very pleased to find Mindstorms for $15!)

Peter