 Robotics / 17208
Re: IP on Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 23:10:53 GMT

I just saw Styx-in-a-brick at Linuxworld. (Styx is the distributed file
system component of Inferno and fits into 17k.) The RCX was built into a
clock (time display device) and was keeping in sync with the host machine
via infrared. On the host machine you could communicate with the RCX through
reading and writing files under /dev/ rcx/. (or whatever it was named.) For
example /dev/rcx/1 reads out the light sensor status.

This was sufficiently cool to justify purchasing the show special on
Inferno. A! also convinced me to buy two  Dave Baum books. They said
"Definitive Guide" was their big moneymaker and I got the last copy. I guess
I need to buy an RCX now, huh?

Was this LinuxWorld or RCX World? Nobody could sell me a box set of Linux
there...

Inferno comes from:
http://www.vitanuova.com/