 Robotics / 17157
Re: new photos from my party! NEW VIRUS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:16:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, <reier@pytte.net> writes:
I received this worm from this list today, and it got past six different
virusscanners.
It's pretty new, in other words.

I haven't yet found out what it does besides deleting itself and starting to
send mails.

Don't try and run the .com file attached!

Reier

----- Original Message -----
From: <amitt@pune.tcs.co.in>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 7:25 AM
Subject: new photos from my party!

Hello!

My party... It was absolutely amazing!
I have attached my web page with new photos!
If you can please make color prints of my photos. Thanks!

I got it, not from the newsgroup but from a member who had me in his
phonebook.  Symantec sent out their latest upgrade (that catches it) five
minutes later.  Norton Antivirus will stop it.

This is off-topic for this newsgroup.  Sorry about that!

Jerry