 Robotics / 17037
    Re: Using the Differential to drive straight. —Mario Ferrari
   (...) Actuially the solution that we describe in our book is similar but not identical to Dave's one. Starting from the well known setup in which a differential gear is used to measure the difference in speed between the main wheels of a (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Using the Differential to drive straight. —Dave Chen
   (...) My implementation did something similar but used the 3rd motor in the OFF (ie. high resitance to turning) setting during turns to make sure that both the A and B side wheels turned the same amount. This helps to make sure that the skid/steer (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)