 Robotics / 16920
Re: Panobot lite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 06:13:26 GMT

"Kyle Beatty" <carbunicle@appleogue.net> wrote in message
news:Gp7F9B.41o@lugnet.com...
Using the famous Panobot

http://philohome.free.fr/panobot/panobot.htm

as a guide, I was able to kludge the Vision Command motorized chassis and • an
Intel Pocket PC Camera. The inelegant result is at:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3589 (look for 'pano' • files)

It seemed like a good idea for the RCX to ride on board but this created a
thorny balance problem. The Intel camera weighs aboout a much as an • unladen
swallow (English) so I improvised a counterweight from a battery box.

Good work,

I only have a few questions.  First, do you have photos of the chassis?  I'd
like to reproduce the turntable, your design seems more streamlined than
mine.  second and third, why all the fire logs, and why do you have two
copies of boobytrap?

still though, good work.

m.