 Robotics / 16701
16700  |  16702
Subject:
BRICKS - Building Robots, Creating Science
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 11:23:09 GMT

Hello all,
We are the Bricks group, at IIT Kanpur working on imparting science
education in Indian scinerio using Lego Mindstrom kits. The ideology is to
input a hands on building in the curiculum of scinece students in India,
and excite them about applicability of the same. I recently returned from
Banglore, where we conducted  our third workshop for a school.

If you have seen a Rural Indian school, you know how hard it is even to
explain what the word digital means to them. We aim to provide digital
toys and play things in such a setting which act as learnign tools. We
shall soon be updating our website and would invite you all to visit it.
Please let me know your views regarding the same, and if any association
you may know of who would like to collabrate.

Thank You
Manu
Bricks Group

manu prakash