 Robotics / 16507
Re: Picture Processing - Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:07:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Reinaldo - UFSC" <rei@inf.ufsc.br> writes:
HI!
I will go buy a Vision Command, but I don´t know anythings, for example:
Is his cammera connected in RCX or PC or both?
Can RCX understand images by link with cammera?
My RCX walk in my hall. It has no wire, no linked in my computer. Is it
possible do samething with the cammera coupled in RCX and RCX answering at
images? I question this because I work with neural nets.
Thanks!

Francisco A F Reinaldo
Mestrando em Ciências da Computação - UFSC
Visite:
www.inf.ufsc.br/~l3c
www.inf.ufsc.br/~mauro/piramidnet/index.html

Hi,

the Vision Command Camera is actually a logitech quickcam web in a clear
lego-brick compatible housing. So it's a USB kamera with a stiff about 5
meters long cable. It has to be connected to a USB port on a PC.

The software from Lego running on this PC does some image processing and
sends different (well defined) commands to the RCX using the (serial) IR tower.

You can use this camera as a smart sensor (have a look at michael gasperis
homebrewed sensor site -> vision command section).

If you're going to write your own software use Kris Wauters ActiveX or the
logitech SDK. (See some threads before)

Hope that helps,

Rainer