 Robotics / 16243
Re: RCX Command Center 3.1 Installation problems.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 19:15:37 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, MSWIRT@aol.com writes:
I've loaded the RCX Command Center 3.1 software on a PC with Windows Me and RIS 2.0.  I get the following error message when I try to open the RCX COmmand Center:

Exception EOle Syserror in Module Rxcxx.exe @ 0076051 Class not registered.  I rebooted the PC after installation to make sure the registry was updated, but this didn't help.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Your problem is that RcxCC 3.1 requires the SPIRIT.OCX file installed by
previous versions of the RIS software.  This ActiveX control is not included
in the RIS 2.0 software.  My enhanced version of RcxCC (version 3.3) does
not require this ActiveX control.  Additionally, it works with the USB tower
that came with your RIS 2.0 set.  Version 3.1 of RcxCC was written a long
time ago and it does not support the USB tower.

Here's what you need to do:

1) Download RcxCC version 3.3 from my website:

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/rcxcc.htm

2) Extract the files in this zip over RcxCC version 3.1.  Make sure you tell
your zip extractor to include the directory structure contained in the zip
file.  That'll make sure the files get placed in the correct locations.

3) Download NQC 2.4a4 from Dave Baum's website:

http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc/beta/index.html

4) Extract the contents to a directory on your system path or the same
directory in which you installed RcxCC.

5) Run RcxCC version 3.3.

You'll find that RcxCC 3.3 is a *very* significant enhancement to the
original RcxCC.  See the list of enhancements described on the page
mentioned above.  If anyone wants to provide a testimonial as to the merits
of RcxCC 3.3 feel free to do so. :-)

Thanks,

John Hansen