 Robotics / 16241
16240  |  16242
Subject:
RCX remote control - tester wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:31:35 GMT

Hi !

I finally have a couple of my new RCX remote control
devices ready for testing. I need a volunteer ...

If you regularly use multiple RCXs in the same creation
and own a Lego IR remote, but can't use it because
two or more RCXs respond, then this device is for you.
It enables you to direct your control to just one of the
RCXs.

It converts your button presses on a small remote control
keyfob type transmitter into different sensor values when
connected to the RCX in light sensor mode. It is powered
entirely by the RCX active sensor output, so no external
batteries are required.

If you want to volunteer, it'll cost you;

CMD-KEY5-418 $21
RXM-418-LC-S $14

You must purchase the CMD-KEY5-418 directly from Digikey.
I have already installed the receiver module in the brick. You
may either pay for it or purchase one and send it to me as a
replacement.

Let me know if you are interested. I really only have one of these
available! They will eventually show up on the hitechnicstuff web
page, but not for a month or two. I can email you a small Word
document if you want more details.

JB