 Robotics / 16162
16161  |  16163
Subject:
Differentials on Tanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:21:38 GMT

I am having a real problem. I want to use a tank for my basic design,
but I have to build one that can go perfectly straight. Well, not
perfectly straight, but as close as possible. My problem is that I think
one of my motors is much more powerful than the other. I have tried
switching the motors to verify this. I have also tried many different
gear ratios. I know that differentials are good for handling this sort
of thing, but I can't seen to come up with a tank design that implements
a differential. Anyone had any luck in this area?

Sean Watson
SeanWatson@ec.rr.com
http://home.ec.rr.com/seanwatson/

"There's a difference between knowing the path...and walking it..." -
Morpheus