 Robotics / 1610
  Re: Laser pointing devices could cause damage

(...) Well, I didn't even take that into consideration when I tried it. It worked, and I haven't noticed any change in the performance of my sensor. I'm not exactly sure how the sensor works, but I'm pretty sure it's a CdS photoresistor, so the (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Laser pointing devices could cause damage

It is not a CdS photo resistor. I'm pretty sure its a silicon photo transistor. Anyway you would have to put so much light in it that it melted to damage it. A laser pointer will not hurt it. (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)