 Robotics / 16082
RE: 3rd Years Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 00:25:50 GMT

What a great idea! I think I might try that.

Here's an idea I had: Build a "spotter" robot that
will roam around and find a target (dark spot on the
floor or something like that). Then have it report the
distance and direction to an artillery robot that will
fire a LEGO dart at the target. Perhaps a LEGO light
brick could be used to perform VLL communication from
spotter to artillery if IR can't handle it. Or have
the spotter return to report (ugh).

Another: A robot that presents patterns like the
Hasbro game Simon and another robot that plays with
it. (For those not around in the 70s, Simon had four
buttons. Each was a different color, was in a
different position and had a different sound. Simon
would light up a series of buttons and play their
tones and the player would have to press the buttons
in the same order. The sequences would get
progressively longer until the player got a sequence
wrong.)

--Russ

--- Brian Danielson <bdanielson@rsinc.com> wrote:
Vasalis :

Here is an idea I have considered for two robots...

The idea is that you have a maze (8 inch high walls,
etc. etc,). One robot
begins at the start and goes through the maze,
solving the path and storing
the information. When it gets to the finish it
climbs up a ramp and turns
around and transmits the solution to the second
robot, which in turn goes
directly through the maze.