 Robotics / 16079
Re: Solar power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 04:12:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "alogon alogon" <alogon1@hotmail.com> writes:
Hi!!!

Where can I find solar panels to drive the RCX and its motors/sensors?????

Powering the RCX with the solar cell is a little impractical. Keeping the
firmware in the memory is a real challenge. I have found it useful using two
panels and the capacitors for making some motor driven projects. The panels
are designed for classroom use and have been made quite sturdy and heavy to
safeguard the cells. This is a poor weight to power combination.  Take a
look at my efforts. All three of them use about all the power that the
California sun can supply.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7900/Solar.htm

--
Bob Fay