 Robotics / 16056
    12t crown bevel gear —Clayton Epps
   I have designed a very small robot arm that has a shoulder that moves up and down and a wrist that moves up/down with a pneumatic gripper at the tip. I think this is called 2 DOF (degrees of freedom). The goal of this robot is to pick up light (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 12t crown bevel gear —Brian Alano
   (...) This is often referred to as backlash. (...) I think your second effect is probably also due to backlash. Since the fall occurs just past the wrist's balance point, I infer that the gear lash is changing directions. Reducing it in the worm (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics)