 Robotics / 15981
15980  |  15982
Subject:
IR Tower 2.0 and Linux?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:08:56 GMT

Hi,
My (first) RIS is finally in the mail and while I paid in blood to get
WindowsME and Redhat 7.1 on the same machine, I would still like to
avoid developing in windows.

Is anyone working on Linux support for the 2.0 IR tower? Any hints or
suggestions?

(I found
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/other-formats/html_single/Lego.html
but it is written pre-2.0)

I have only been using Linux for a couple of months, so if anyone has
suggestions I would greatly appreciate if they came with lots of context
(as a Java/C/C++ programmer I can generally handle the proggy bits,
though I have no experience with drivers).

Oh, and just checking that nqc-2.2.r2-1mdk.i586.rpm is what I want, yes?

Thanks (lots) in advance!

Elijah