 Robotics / 15935
Re: RCX Talk to Scout?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 20:48:42 GMT

No you don't need any special software (You can use RCX code, NQC etc.)

If you look in the constructopedia for the Robotics Discovery Set you will
see a list of commands on the back page.  If you look it will tell you the
function and a message number that you must send.

So if it said:

Message    |    Function
1                    Bug dance

If you wanted your robot to do the bug dance you would send message "1" to
the Scout from the RCX and it will carry out this command.

The disadvantage of the scout is there is no *feedback* from it.  So if you
sent it a command to turn motor A on for 5 seconds there is no way of the
RCX knowing if it did this.  (Well at least I don't believe there is an
echoe from the scout)

--
Christopher Cooke
roboman9@btinternet.com

<lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Hi all,
I was reading that the RCX can send messages to the Scout?
How is this accomplished?
And do I need any special software?
Thanks for any help!
-Mike

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"