 Robotics / 15867
RE: 3800 Ultimate Builders Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 02:20:33 GMT

Do you have the printed S@H catalog? It has pictures of three of the models
that you can build with it. I have a set on order. It's backordered until
8/13/01. I will give a more detailed report about the set once I receive it.

The main model is obviously the robot climber that uses two hands to climb
up a wire rack. It's actually pretty cool - it swings it's tail (with the
heavy RCX) back and forth so that it can shift it's weight between the two
hands, and then move the hand that does not currently carry the weight up to
the next level. There's a short video sequence of that in the intro movie of
the 2.0 software. A more advanced version of this climber has been used by
Lego in promotional displays for a while.

Tilman

Has anybody received this set yet? I've been trying to find out what is in
it, but all that the S@H site really seems to have is a long
section on the
system requirements!