 Robotics / 1567
Warning: No CyberMaster in Macs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 23:39:30 GMT

I've been reading some posts regarding Mac problems and I noticed that no one ever referred to CyberMaster problems in Mac (which is a good thing).

Unfortunately people with Macs are _destined_ to not be able to use their CyberMaster, since it's not supported at the hardware level.
It's simple: CyberMaster needs two handshake lines in the serial port to be able to download programs, and Mac only supports one.

We should thank Dave Baum that found this while building support to CyberMaster in NQCC.

Thinking about this, that's probably another reason why LEGO have decided to launch CyberMaster in Europe and not in the States. Because there are a lot more Macs in the States than in Europe (and more potential costumers that would never buy it).
...And that's also another reason to build the Spirit.OCX for Windows machines.
(oh oh, I think I'll be flamed for this one)

Laurentino Martins

[lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]