 Robotics / 15593
Re: Lego and Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 02:01:24 GMT

I have my iBook downloading NQC programs to a RCX,

via a USB Serial for Macintosh device

It is made by Belkin, and has a part number on the back of   F5U103-MAC

This seems to work reliably.

However I never tried it with Virtual PC.

The USB serial adaptor for the Palm Pilot did not work at all. Either with VNC
or with lego software running under Virtual PC.

Edward Cox wrote:

Hi, I have exactly the same configuration as yourself. MacOS 9.1 (iMac),
Mindstorms 1.5, RCX 1.0 (with latest firmware)..

What USB to Serial device are you using to connect the IR tower to the iMac?

-----Original Message-----
From: Prof. Dr. Jan G. Korvink [mailto:korvink@imtek.uni-freiburg.de]
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 8:24 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Lego and Mac

Perhaps someone can help .. I have tried just about
all the advice that google has found me on the net.

I have an iMac, USB ports, Mindstorms 1.5. I hate
having to leave the house each time I want to download
my programs, but I just cannot get the iMac and the
brick to talk. Tried everything, also combinations of
software and hardware, etc. Any direct experience and
advice will be really appreciated.

Jan Korvink

IT Officer
Research School of Earth Sciences,