 Robotics / 15369
15368  |  15370
Subject:
RCX type snap in sensor tiles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 18:29:02 GMT

We are looking for the best way to connect sensors and motors to our JCX
controller: http://www.jcx.systronix.com. We have some 5111 wires and 5037
connector tiles. There is no easy way to mount these in a panel. We need 8
sensor tiles and 4-8 motor tiles per JCX.

I contacted the Lego USA support via email and this morning via phone.
These RCX snap-in connector tile parts are not available in the USA. I am
attempting to email Denmark and ask the same question. Does anyone have any
better ideas?

If we can't get them from Lego, has anyone out there made their own can
could sell them to us, or work with us? To build at least 24 systems with
16 tiles per system, that's 384 tiles just for prototypes. We'd consider a
run of 1000 to start.

It's very possible that this will become an annual competition at JavaOne,
so we could need several thousand tiles.

Thanks in advance for any direction or help,

Bruce Boyes
------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ----------
  Real embedded Java and much more
     High speed 8051 systems