 Robotics / 15353
15352  |  15354
Subject:
Adder/subtractor mod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 15:31:47 GMT

Does anyone know if there is a way to use the adder/subtractor in such a way
that tank/treaded vehicle moves forward at the sum of the two motor speeds
(A+B) and can still rotate (in place) left and right and move backwards.

My understanding of the adder/subtactor is that tank forward direction is
still obtained by using one motor turning both axles at the same speed
(drift problem solved).  I need the sum (of both motors) turning both axles
at the same speed while still having all other movement functions (backward,
turn-in-place-left, turn-in-place-right).

I'm looking to use Brian Long's wormgear mod to adder/subtractor at the
bottom of Denis Cousineau page
(http://prelude.psy.umontreal.ca/~cousined/lego/1-Varia/adder/adder.html) to
develop a powerful transmission with some speed to power a treaded vehicle.

I just don't know how to build the transmission around the adder/subtractor
to make this happen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Clayton