 Robotics / 15288
  Re: Call me a Lego pureist if you will but...

(...) Why not use a winch with only 1 circlular plate on the axle? Once the projectile is re-loaded turn the winch through 90 degree's so that the axle is in line with the dart. Fire the dart and the thread will spool off the end of the axle (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Call me a Lego pureist if you will but...

(...) Gear up a old 9V motor to spin the spindle very fast, and then spin it just before and while the dart is flying. You may be able to keep up the thread payout with enough gearing. Andy -- See my Visual Interface for leJOS at (URL) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)