 Robotics / 15282
Re: Fwd: GASOLINE PRICES
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 07:11:53 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "kristin fullenwider" <rudies2piecesuit@hotmail.com> writes:
<snip>

   Well, I haven't posted in a long time, and I'd hate to think that
something like this (rather than something cool in .mecha :c) ) would get me
to do so, but here goes:

   Normally, I don't get into .debates, but this is one of the few things
that really gets to me. "I HAPPEN TO THINK THAT $1.28 IS STILL TOO HIGH FOR
A GALLON OF GAS!!!!"? Consider yourself lucky to have such low prices! The
US, second only possibly to rich, oil-producing countries (I'm not sure on
that, we may be number one), has the lowest fuel prices on the planet! I
spent the summer in Europe two years ago, and I found myself looking for gas
for less than (what converts to) six or seven dollars per gallon. From what
I've seen, prices elsewhere are slightly to enormously worse than that.

   Don't get me wrong; the idea proposed isn't a bad thing. I must admit I'd
be ecstatic to see prices below a dollar again, but I don't plan on it and I
don't really see it as something to go out of my way to fight for. I live in
Detroit, one of the most expensive fuel areas in the country, and I still
consider myself lucky to pay only $1.78 a gallon.

-jeremiah-

  PS- x-fut'ed to .debate, wondering why this was in .robotics... I'm not
usually this nitpicky, I swear! :c)