 Robotics / 15069
Re: Amiga Software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:14:41 GMT

I don't know if an Amiga port of NQC has already been done, but if not
it shouldn't be very difficult.  Grab the sources from
http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc/index.html

The only real "porting" is access to the serial port, which is
abstracted in a single class.  If the Amiga has POSIX style interface to
the serial ports, then the Unix implementation should work fine.  If
not, you just have to implement basic open/close/read/write type of
methods for the serial port.

If you get an Amiga version running (or find someone who already has),
please send me the URL so I can link to it from the NQC site.

Dave Baum

p.s.  Owned an Amiga a long time ago.  Neat box, but just never caught
on.

In article <GBnGIx.ME4@lugnet.com>, "leodh" <leodh@amitar.com.au>
wrote:

Hello All,

I have just started with the Lego Mindstorm and would like to know if
there
is any software available for the Amiga computer to control the PBrick. I
have looked in the most likely places but have not found any, I was told
that there was Not Quite C available for the Amiga, is this true and how
do
I go about getting it.

My Amiga is a A4000/040, 48MB RAM, PIV and IOBlix running OS 3.9.

An other question if I may, has anyone used the Pbrick to control or
activate any other IR devices? I am in the process of building my house
and
I would like to intergrate Home Automation and Computer Control with some
Robotics.

Any information in this area would be great.

Thanks
Leo

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com