 Robotics / 14536
Re: Micro-Switches, Mux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:49:56 GMT

See http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/3rmux.htm for a 3-input design
(which I tried to build and made it look very nice--but I was remembering
the values from memory.  I ended using resistors a factor-of-1000 too small
;))

However, I don't think that'll help much with a 4-mux.  There is only one
4-mux I've ever seen on the web, which is available at
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_resistor.html

Tim

----- Original Message -----
From: Stef Mientki <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl>
To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx@lugnet.com>
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: Micro-Switches, Mux

Knowing the resistor inside the RCX is 10 kOhm, you should use a different
resistor for each switch,
the first resistor should be 10 kOhm, the second 30 kOhm, third 70 kOhm, • fourth
150 kOhm, this will divide the 5V range in nearly evenly spaced sections

Ciaran Jessup wrote:

Hi, has anyone had any joy combining the input from several • micro-switches
into one RCX input, I've built a simple multiplexor for three lego touch
sensors, but now I need four!! .. I know this can be done by adjusting • my
current design, except I can't afford to wait for the three weeks it • will
take for me to receive a new Lego Touch sensor from dacta, however I • have
lots of micro-switches lying around.

I imagine its easier to combine many micro switches as they are just • simply
on off switches so the boundaries are much easier to compute...

Thank you very much for any help you can provide

- Ciaran

Stef Mientki