 Robotics / 14474
    AT-AT —Tim Milligan
   How does the mindstorms at-at walk? my friend and I are trying to build a custom version. any help would be good. (23 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: AT-AT —Andrew Lipson
    (...) Very badly. If you figure out a mechanism for yourself it will almost certainly be better. Mine falls over every few steps. (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: AT-AT —Steve Baker
   (...) So did mine when I first built it. You have to be VERY careful. I checked carefully and discovered that I'd made THREE mistakes while building it. When I corrected them all, it walked beautifully except for the fact that it only goes about a (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: AT-AT —Tilman Sporkert
   (...) Exactly. Mine walks very nicely, and has not fallen over once. Otherwise it's pretty boring however, because the MicroScout is extremly limited in its capabilities. The best program I found is the one that makes it walk when you shine a light (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: AT-AT —Tim Milligan
   do you have any diagrams online? The thing is, we don't have the set. But we're making progress. We now know how the legs work. it's the gears that are a problem (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics)