 Robotics / 14308
Re: any way to proram the robot with a map ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 18:54:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "patel" <hhppatel@md4.vsnl.net.in> writes:
Any way to program tht robot with a map ??=20
like the cye robot at http://www.personalrobots.com/ ??
has any one made such a thing in lego=20
Dr Patel

I did something similar so my 4yr old daughter could run a robot around on
the floor and have it pick up and move lego bricks.  I created an Excel
spreadsheet that looked like the floorplan of the room.  She could make the
robot follow a path by typing numbers into cells on the sheet (the cell
containing the number one was the first location to go to, then go to the
cell containing two, etc...).  I made the cells square so it looked like a
grid.  After she entered the path she pushed a button to execute.  The robot
would then wander around following a trajectory that looked like that on the
spreadsheet (more or less).

Navagation was all done by dead reconning.  I am currently trying to use
Vision Command to give me some location feedback.  I will share my results
if it works out.