 Robotics / 14170
Re: Building a computer from Lego's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 01:41:54 GMT

Harley Myler <h.myler@myler.org> wrote:
Browse http://www.rustrans.co.uk/rope.html for a description of a "rope
and pulley" computer, it might give some insight into building one with
Lego.

Hrm.  Apraphulians sounds a lot like April-Fool-ians....

Are you sure this is real?

Ah-ha.  See: http://www.cciw.com/content/april_fools.html

Interesting idea though.

-Kekoa

Now you've gone and ruined it...<sigh>....I guess there has to be one in every class; but for the rest of you, please suspend disbelief and know that the machine described is still a very, very valid description of a digital computer, albeit in terms of ropes and pulleys instead of wires and gates. I particularly like the elephant power source myself ;-)

Harley Myler
http://macmyler.engr.ucf.edu