 Robotics / 14149
    Re: CM-RCX comm —Marco C.
   (...) That's exactly what my common sense made me believe. But various tests I did, using a dump of a Datalog with the timmings measured by the RCX, proved me wrong. Every Wait(10) was correctly measured as a Timer(3)==1, and every Wait(50) as a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: CM-RCX comm —Steve Baker
     (...) Well, yes - but then crystal oscillators are quite accurate (but crucially, not 100% accurate). You might have to run as long as one or two MILLION attempts before you see an error - but you *will* see an error if you do it for long enough. If (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: CM-RCX comm (Anyone using Scout->MicroScout/CodePilot ?) —Marco C.
   (...) Yes, I understand. Lego created VLL for barcode reading (CodePilot, and then MicroScout). Barcode reading is error prone, so are other forms of serial communication. Through the use of the VLL Checksum bits and timeouts, one can invalidate bad (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)