 Robotics / 14145
    Re: Building a computer from Lego's —Andrew Lipson
    (...) I'm pretty sure the Tinkertoy 'computer' was basically a look-up table that had all positions coded into it with the correct responses, making use of symmetries to cut down the size of lookup needed. I don't really consider that to be a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

        Re: Building a computer from Lego's —John D. Forinash
   (...) Good enough for me-- after all, any combinational logic construct (gates, but no registers/flip flops) can be represented as a ROM, and this is often done in practice. I can't imagine saying that just because one didn't represent it the other (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)