 Robotics / 14122
Re: can i use macromedia flash or director with lego ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 06:39:32 GMT

I have been able to do some basic experiments in controlling the RCX from
Director 7. I used a trial version of the DirectComm Xtra from DirectXtras
which allows Director to access the serial port. Try there web page at
http://DirectXtras.com/index.htm

The trial version runs only in authoring mode, but I think that is the only
limitation (other than a dialog box that pops up once the Xtra's object has
been instantiated informing you that you are using a trial version) The Xtra
should work with the Mac OS or Windows. And I think that it will work with
versions of 4 - 8 of Director.

I have sent byte code commands to the RCX using the Xtra, making the RCX do
simple things like beep... Like I said, just some simple experiments. I
should note that there is an other Xtra out there which will allow you to
access the serial port from Director. SerialXtra, and I have downloaded it
also. In some respects SerialXtra may be easier to use. However, I am still
just getting my feet wet with it.

Flash, I think, would be difficult since you need to access the serial port,
and I doubt that there is anything out there that would help you with that.

Regards,

Michael Nardell

can i use macromedia flash or director with lego ?

DR Patel