 Robotics / 13942
13941  |  13943
Subject:
adder-subtractor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:36:06 GMT

I have a new adder-subtractor chassis.  will post the page soon.  should be
at odin.prohosting.com/mrplanet/ad-sub.htm but things are not going as well
as they should tonight.

bearing that in mind, this design is pretty slimlined and all gears are on
one level , thus making it good for a low center of gravity.

two questions:

has anyone who has made an adder-subtractor found that the turning doesn't
work as well when the drive motor isn't running?  mine is probably just the
gearing but I fixed that after I made the page with a 3:1 but it still
doesn't turn in place. oh well.

question 2:  has anyone pinched the #$% out of their fingers while trying to
prototype a chassis?  got my finger stuck in a gear train last night and
took almost a minute to get it out because of the gear ratio.  ( I just had
to save that set-up)

anyways, page should be up by 12:00 CST if any one is interested.

that is all.

mike