 Robotics / 13866
Re: Elimating the need for the IR tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:58:33 GMT

At 07:16 PM 10/01/2001, Ciaran wrote:
  I was wondering if anyone has ever worked out a way of communicating
direct with the RCX (via serial), rather than using the IR tower. The way • I
am using the RCX, it is sort of strapped to a notebook computer, so having
to use the IR tower just adds extra unwanted bulk to the package.

Not sure if this is a stupid reply, but couldn't you try to use the ir port
on your notepad instead ?
From what I've read, it can't be done as they use different frequencies
(or something).

thanks,