 Robotics / 1379
Re: The OTHER computerised Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 10:07:19 GMT

In article <4.1.19981213000906.0093c1e0@mail.telepac.pt>, Laurentino
Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt> writes
Cybermaster - with radio link

These tend to fighting models - which I didn't like (8-)#

There is only ONE fighting model. It's a "human like" bot that interacts with an
a game in the computer screen (called the Arena) and where the children have the
chance to play with the bot in the floor and see if they can win it. Besides,
it's not violent at all!
The rest it's ALL vehicles. One of them is a nice tractor where children can
attach tools built by them.
Ah I stand corrected but blame Lego.  We have seen Cybermaster quite a
number of times at Legoland demos.  They _only_ demonstrated the
fighting models - bad psychology for parents - who are the ones who
actually pay (8-)#

But I agree, don't underestimate the children.
Buy MindStorms if you think your children is the inventive type (and might like
to program).
Indeed - and they will find their own level.

--
           QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) (+44)1442-828255
mailto:tony@firshman.demon.co.uk     http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk