 Robotics / 13757
13756  |  13758
Subject:
We have a Climbing Winnner and New Contest Proposals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:16:53 GMT

The Stair Climbing Contest as BrickBots.Com ended last night and 'Slowpoke'
by Thatch was the winner!  Congratulations on a elegant design that easily
could have qualified for the pure RIS 1.0/1.5 bonus with a bit more building
time.  However, with a base time of 434 seconds the bonus was not even needed.

Details for Slowpoke:
http://brickbots.com/entryview.asp?eid=23&sec=Details

Climbing Contest Description and full list of entries:
http://brickbots.com/pastview.asp?cid=16

My robot has yet to actually climb stairs, but shows some potential. I will
work more on it this weekend and post more complete pictures, and a movie of
it performing an ascent.  Entries for finished contests (un-official
entries)  are encouraged, as I hope BrickBots will also become a good
respository of interesting robots and building ideas.  Details for my half
robot, Almost There, can be found at:
http://brickbots.com/entryview.asp?eid=24&sec=Details

Two new great contest have been proposed, Gap Crossing (bridging) and Rope
Climbing.  Visit http://brickbots.com/proposedcontests.asp to post
suggestions and help improve these proposed contest before they start.

Again, Congratulations to Thatch and thanks for everyone who sent email and
participated.

Rich

richard at webbox dot com