 Robotics / 13738
RE: GPS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 22:21:14 GMT

GPS requires a clear, unobstructed view of the satellites in the sky. Forget
about using it indoors.

Earthquake researches use sensors that can detect movements of less than an
inch. I don't know how they work, but it involves GPS to some extent. Again,
it's all outdoors.

Tilman

OK. This is probably a bit off-topic ... but I am sure you will find
this interesting ...

The reason I ask this here is that some time ago, I was wondering if GPS
could be used to pinpoint the position of a Lego robot - but then
realised that it would be of no use within a room, because the room
would be smaller than 30m that GPS can resolve. However, if it is
possible to get more info using more satellites, then maybe we can think
about it