 Robotics / 13705
Re: Use for Bad Lego Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:23:54 GMT

I learned a year ago that lego motors are very sensitive to drops. I had a
contraption with 2 motors on my counter, and it fell off. When I tried to use it
again, I discovered that they would not turn. I took them apart, and saw that the
shafts had jammed into the back of the motor and locked them up. Never drop your
motors on thier shafts!

Andy

Brian wrote:

How hard should it be to turn the 9v gear motor?

My one motor is quite tight, you need a gear wheel on it to turn it by
hand... I had just assumed it was due to the internal gearing. It seemed to
work OK when I ran it with minimal load.

It should spin easily with just fingertips against the cross-axle. It
should continue spinning several rotations on its own inertia from a
fast initial spin.

.

o-robotics

.